Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4 more Sea Days and 13 Days to Home!

Whytney is at sea today, traveling from Naples, Italy headed for Barcelona.  Her next to last cruise is coming to an end.  She will be porting in Barcelona, Spain tomorrow and embarking on her last cruise in this contract.  I am so excited about her upcoming trip home - I wish I could meet her at the airport in Dublin, Ireland!  This is one of the places that I have on my list to visit in my lifetime.  Since Whytney is at sea today - let's explore Dublin!

Whytney will be flying in to Dublin Airport on September 8th and arrive at 12:00 in the morning.  She will probably be staying overnight in a hotel close to the hotel.  She has a twelve hour layover here - not much fun to stay in the airport for that long.  This is what she will see flying in to Dublin:


She should be prepared for some "chilly" weather.  Dublin's current temperature is in the mid to upper 50's.  Another reason why I would LOVE to be there!  I hope that Whytney is prepared for this change in weather.  She might welcome a brief change from heat?!

I wish that Whytney was able to stay longer in Dublin to see some beautiful attractions, such as the Botanical Gardens.  This picture is what "my image" of Ireland is (only my image would include REAL sheep):



The birds eye view below shows an amazing landscape that I am longing to view in person.  Can you imagine living on this water's edge?  Do these people realize how lucky they are?  I hope so...


Yet, another castle that I will not see - I hope Whytney is able to catch a glimpse of this Irish Castle; the Malahide Castle:

If nothing else, maybe she can enjoy a true Irish breakfast before boarding her plane for the USA.  That would consist of eggs, sausages and the works - something like this:



Don't worry Whytney - I will have some "stick to your ribs" gravy and biscuits for you when you get home!

Until then....LUM&L

No comments:

Post a Comment