Thursday, August 12, 2010

The details are done!

26 days from the return trip home and all of that has been finalized today.  Whytney will be returning home from Barcelona on September 7th.  She will fly into Dublin, Ireland for a 12 hour layover (I am so envious).  From Dublin, on to Chicago, IL and finally arriving in Louisville, KY at 9:35 p. m. on September 8th.  I am so excited I can barely stand it!  I do not think that Whytney has received my message about these details yet (because I have heard nothing from her); I am sure that she will be as excited as me!

Until then, on with the day to day to keep us occupied until she returns...Naples, Italy today.  A beautiful and mild 81 degrees and clear, sunny skies on this Thursday. 

Whytney may not be able to get off in Naples, but, if she does, she will be going through the Naples Cruise port pictured here.





She may be able to visit Salerno (close to Naples) and walk on the Seaside Promenade. 











It would be amazing if she could visit the Arechi Castle, towering 300 meters above Salerno.  This castle looms over the city and is host to numerous conferences and exhibitions.

If Whytney was able to visit this spectacular castle, she would be able to have a full view of the city of Salerno, the Gulf of Salerno and the Amalfi Coast.




Whether or not Whytney is able to visit Naples or close by city Salerno, I hope that this is a memorable day on her journey.  With only 26 days to go, it is difficult to imagine where she will go from here?  What kind of experience could top this amazing journey.  I hope that the memories that she has made will keep her motivated to continue to pursue her dreams.  Anything is possible....

LUM&L

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to think that in 26 days we will see Whytney again. Although it has been only a little over 3 months since we saw her off, it seems much longer.

    Whytney, we love you and hope that the best is yet to come! Hang in there girl, the end of this first phase is almost to the end. LOM.

    ReplyDelete